What is Auto Enrolment?
Automatic enrolment is a compulsory workplace pension scheme which was launched in October 2012. Its introduction is being phased in over a five years. It started with the largest employers, and as time passes, smaller and smaller companies are falling under its powers. If you are an employer and have not yet been effected by auto enrolment, remember that you will be, sooner rather than later. As experts in this field, we can assure you that it is much better to start thinking about its introduction now, rather than waiting until the last minute.
Are you aware of when your business will be affected, and are you making preparations?
Employer requirements as a result of auto enrolment
- Assess the eligibility of all your staff at every pay period
- Automatically enrol and make pension contributions for all eligible jobholders
- Enrol and make contributions for non-eligible jobholders who want to join
- Manage the auto enrolment process including the joining and opt-out process
- Keep records on how you have fulfilled your responsibilities
Direct Payroll Solutions are on top of all the regulations and can provide you with help and guidance to set up and manage your auto enrolment scheme.
For help with payroll and auto enrolment contact us today